Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pizza, Pizza

Hello, fellow wanders.

Have you ever had a craving for something, but, when you looked in your cupboards, you didn't have all the ingredients to make it. So, you have two choices - go without or improvise.

I was really hungry for pizza one day, but did not have the money to order one nor did I have the necessary ingredients to make a crust. What I did have were eggs. That got me thinking and this recipe was born.

This recipe below is for my favorite mushroom version, it can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand. It is also gluten-free, but, to me, the "crust" tastes like a homemade wheat one does. And it takes less time than waiting on pizza delivery and/or cooking a frozen one.

So, I say, now you can have your pizza and be able to eat it too.

- Buffy

Truly Supreme Pizza
Crust
- 3 whole eggs or the equivalent in egg whites
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (I liked the shaved kind, but shredded works, too.)
- crushed red pepper.

Toppings
- pasta sauce
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375°. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Beat whole eggs and then dump them in pan. Sprinkle in parmesan cheese and the red pepper flakes to taste. Bake "crust" for 10 minutes or until eggs are set up and firm. Take out of oven and let set for a few moments. Ladle on a thin layer of pasta sauce, and then add cheese and mushrooms. Bake until cheese is melted, around 12 minutes. Take out, let cool slightly, and then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment