Sunday, February 2, 2014

Life is a Banquet

Greetings, fellow wanderers.

When I started this blog, I really struggled to come up with a name that would fit what I wanted it to be about. Yes, it will sometimes be me giving tips on holistic living, but I wanted it to be so much more than that. I want this blog to be like a conversation between friends. I wanted to post the things I struggle with, things I am learning that work, things I would love to chance. I wanted to let those who might also be struggling with certain issues - be it weight, skin care issues, depression, shyness, anger, whatever - know they are NOT alone.

As I said in my first post, I am a curious person by nature. But I am also a skeptic and critic in some ways. When I started battling depression a few years ago, I went on traditional medications, but I hated how they made me feel and what they did to me. I have always been an avid writer, however the meds I was on stripped me of that ability and desire. Now, please do not think I am anti-medication. I am not because I know there are people and conditions that require certain medication. Conventional depression meds just did not work for me. I knew there had to be a better option out there. So, my journey into the world of holistics began.

The world of natural remedies has been an interesting journey for me, one of trial and error. I, in no way, have all the answers. That is where the title of my blog came from. I am on a journey, one of constant discovery. To quote the show Mythbusters, "Failure is always an option". But so is success. That is true in anything we endeavor to do. Life is full of fabulous new things just waiting to be experienced. We just need to find them.

Life is a banquet, fellow wanderers. So grab your fork and spoon and together let's go find what is out there for us to enjoy.

-Buffy

No comments:

Post a Comment